Gorgeous Skin for the Summer
Palm Beach, we both know how the sun shines down here during the summer time. It is time to prepare and be protected from the star at the center of our solar system (yup, you guessed it—the sun!). We have put together ten skincare tips to help you take the best precaution when enjoying the outdoors.
1. Sunscreen. We can tell you a million times, but it is important to wear sunscreen everyday. Consumer Reports did a study on the best sun protectants and Target’s UP & UP made their top choice. It had the least amount of oily and residue feeling with a moderate to citrus and floral scent.
2. Sunglasses. It is not only important to protect the skin, but the eyes too. It is recommended finding shades with a UV 400 rating. That level offers up to a 100% UV protection. In a recent study, eyes have been found to sunburn, which can cause damage. The damage could potentially lead to skin cancer.
3. Apply and apply again. Sometimes when the fun is happening, one can forget they need to reapply sunscreen. Jumping in the water or sporting activities can sweat or wear off the protection. Be sure to apply sunscreen every two hours when playing outside.
4. Cleanser. As the heat is rising, so does your body. This can trigger to produce more oils and trigger breakouts. To battle those annoying acne situations, change out the mild cleanser for an oil-free exfoliating product. This will help keep pores clean of dirt and bacteria.
5. Lips. Did you know that lip cancer is on the rise and is the first one to spread to other areas of the body? Yup, that is right. Not only do you protect the skin, be sure to lather up some SPF lip balm and protect that pout.
6. Shade. Midday is the strongest time the sun shines. It is also the most damaging time UV rays strike. Try to avoid being in the direct sun from 10am to 3pm. If you cannot avoid those times, be sure to apply sunscreen every two hours.
7. Faux Glow. You had me at faux. Obtaining that sun-kissed skin is still possible without the damage from the sun. Spray tanning is growing in such a rapid demand now with more and more people understanding the dangers of UV rays.
8. Soles. Pumice stones can be used daily on the heels to remove any dead and rough skin. Once finished, apply moisturizer. What happens then? You will have smooth and silky feet ready for those summer sandals.
9. Protect the Noggin. Do not forget when preparing for the outdoors, put on a hat. A wide-brimmed hat can help protect the scalp and face in the sun. Oh, and it will help prevent hair color from fading too. It is a win-win. Think about it.
10. Exfolation. During this time of year, increase the weekly exfoliation to two times a week. The summer time causes us to sweat more. This can lead to build up of dead skin and bacteria. What happens then? Well, the complexion can start to look dull. Facial pads and grainy masks can help remove any flaky skin.
These summer skincare tips can help with a gorgeous glow for the summer. It is important to protect the skin during the harsher months of the sun. Following these tips will give you soft and radiant summer skin.